Tuesday, January 25, 2011

jolly English countryside... war time

At the insistence of my sister, I watched both Nanny McPhee and Nanny McPhee Returns over the week-end.  (*Side tangent, in reading Jane Eyre and similar books, I have noticed and am delighting in the generous use of hyphens in compound words that have long since lost their hyphens, such as 'book-case', and bed-room).

Back to topic- not only are the movies delightful, they are popping with the most beautiful hues.  Especially the wartime countryside farmhouse settings and clothes, even Isabel's jammy lip stain caught my eye.  If you have watched it, don't you love the clothes that Megsie gives Celia to wear?  She provides her with a little peter pan collared blouse and tweedy trousers.







So, I had to play a bit:

jolly countryside

No comments: