Friday, February 04, 2011

mickey mouse club... do you remember?

In my elementary school days, I watched The Mickey Mouse Club every  afternoon.

I remember the wee teen soap with Jason Priestley, 'Teen Angel'; I remember Fred Newman, who now has a sweet gig on Prairie Home Companion; I remember learning a dance move where you make a right angle with your arms and then push it to the other side of your body ( 1, 1, 2 and 2). 

But, I do not remember all the famous cast members.  Watching little clips from the show brings back no recollection that my after school buddies were Justin. and Keri.  and Britney.  and... Ryan?



Seriously... can you.. even BELIEVE it?  I mean... it is The Mickey MOUSE club!! No wonder they are heart throbs.  They had us before we even knew we could be had.

1 comment:

Sara B. said...

WOW. I knew that Ryan Gosling was in the Mickey Mouse Club but I had no idea they sang saucy songs like this! I think you've just discovered the source of where the over-sexualization of todays youth began! And all this time I thought it was all Britney Spears fault!