Friday, February 11, 2011

v day felt flag cards

Do you like the bunting crafts that are popping up all over as much as do?
They are cheerful and simple, and I am happy whenever I see them as a craft, fabric design, or decoration.

I tried my hand at them, and using little felt flags was particularly satisfying, because felt cuts so cleanly and behaves well under the presser foot of a sewing machine.

The tutorials out there are true, one doesn't need to pin the materials together.  However, I'll say that keeping the bits really cozy with each other as you feed it through the machine will give more control to the little string.


I put mine on cards for Valentine's Day. After a little experimenting, I found it easiest to sew a line of flags, and then sew that line onto a blank card, trimming the loose thread with snips.  Also, having tacky glue nearby (for more control) is helpful.


Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say as a recipient of a Valentine with the bunting- how charming they are!!!