Monday, April 18, 2011

interior revamp

I have been improving on my ability to stave off wants until I have shopped for the perfect (and perfectly priced) item that I have already listed in my 'ok to spend on' column.  One of the things I have been debating with myself about my actual need for is a couch.
 After months of swooning, worrying over cat damage, and deciding that I can, indeed, put it on my credit card and pay it off incrementally,  I have begin my living room remodel.
Behold, the prettiest place to put your keister:
Isn't she lovely?  She is very comfortable, and was on deep discount at Macy's a few weeks ago.

Now, wanting leads to more wanting, fo sho.  So, let me just tell you what else my heart desires, at the same time that I tell you I don't plan on this anytime soon, and am hoping to find thrifty pieces that are in the same artistic scheme.

There are a few bed frames at Ikea that are similar to the retro mod one above, as well as West Elm, and for lower price tags than I was expecting.  I have seen these pillowcases on Ebay every once and awhile, but using the color palette alone is fun, too.  To begin introducing the brighter colors, I will be priming and painting a nice wooden dresser a punchy orange (officially 'Tangy Tangelo from Dutch Boy).  I can't wait to show you!

Other than painting my dresser, the only other dwelling redo's include fixing my living room drapes (I made them myself with a tree house/nailed wood Ikea fabric, and they weren't quite the same length after my first attempt).  It is fairly easy to make drapes by using fusible interfacing- you don't even have to sew them!

2 comments:

billypaintbrush said...

and just in time for the keister parade, too

"in your keister bonnet, with all the frills upon it..."

Sara B. said...

Oh Wendy I love your new keister holder! I would love to come sit on it some time..hint hint. :)