Monday, May 09, 2011

little miss

Have you googled recently?


I like when the google art takes me on a nostalgia train ride, and right now it is celebrating what would have been the 76th birthday of Roger Hargreaves, the author of the 'Little Miss' and 'Mr. Men' children's books.

little miss chatterbox





mr. forgetful






little miss sunshine





little miss tiny


 Did you have any of these books when you were little?


I might have had a few, but the one I remember reading, thanks to my poor parents who probably just wanted me learn the difficult art of self control and button the lip for 5 minutes, was Little Miss Chatterbox.

The tag line is, "Little Miss Chatterbox talked all the time, even in her sleep. Little Miss Chatterbox loses all of her jobs because she talks on and on when she should be listening to her customers' requests, until she finds just the right job for her".


*Spoiler alert- Her perfect job is the time lady! She becomes the voice on the phone that when you call, tells you, 'The time is currently 3:01.... The time is currently 3:02...'

Thank you, Mr. Hargreaves!  I can't say that I've learned the leason all too well, but your work is appreciated!

No comments: