Thursday, April 18, 2013

Spring

Hi!

I took a peek at some of my favorite blogs, and I found ~this post~ at the fabled needle. I'm going to get that Tim Gunn book! I liked reading about her color palette, so I did some investigating to determine what 'season' I am.

This site was helpful in breaking the color seasons down more specifically- pretty your world.

After determining that I am a 'Soft Autumn', I happened upon this blogger's pretty palette choices- the red lipstick. So pretty, right?  This makes sense regarding what works on me, too. 

This is how I interpreted an outfit:

soft autumn color palette
Yes! Yes to olives, salmon pinks, and aubergines for me! Even 'camel' is a color I should be able to wear well, which may explain why I have 4 camel sweaters. It can explain why olive tends to look better on me than I expect it to (compared to a perfect, Caribbean blue or mint green, olive doesn't catch my eye and make me swoon).  I will appreciate you more, olive!



And speaking of color, I have been in love with spring colors this year. I realize as I say this that I have fallen into modern trappings of being in 'love' with very silly things.

This article in the NY Times a few weeks ago dissected the overuse of the word 'obsessed', and even traces when the word 'love' started being used to express emotion towards objects and ideas, rather than solely towards people.
excerpt
 “In the late 1800s, there was an increase in young women of using the word ‘love’ for things that were not romantic love.” Ms. McKean cited a passage from the book “Anne of the Island” (1915), in which an older woman takes Anne to task for declaring her love for a cottage: “ ‘The girls nowadays indulge in such exaggerated statements that one never can tell what they DO mean. It wasn’t so in my young days. THEN a girl did not say she LOVED turnips, in just the same tone as she might have said she loved her mother or her Savior.’ ”
By TEDDY WAYNE
Published: March 22, 2013


Which is all to say, I have been painting my nails pastel colors. And hot pink, too, because, of course.

Maybelline's Color Show Pinkalicious

 Essie's Turquoise and Caicos

 Ulta's 'Vintage Violet'

What color palette are you?  What spring colors have you been incorporating into your wardrobe?



2 comments:

m said...

i am totes a deep winter with a dash of clear.

wendy marquardsen said...

you tooooooooooooooadally are!